‘TIS THE TIME OF YEAR…TO GET ORGANIZED
Holidays like Thanksgiving and Halloween are fun, but they
.can also create a challenge when it’s time to stow away those
We all know that the best solution is to store them out of the way, so that they don’t take up the space assigned to more frequently used things, but WHERE and HOW do you store them?
Here are a few suggestions we share with our clients:
1. Use a storage area like a garage, basement or attic, if you have one, so that they are out of sight but still easily accessible.
2. Choose a place that is easy to access. If you store them in a place that takes too much effort to access, you might make organizing for these occasions a chore even before you start to celebrate.
3. Label containers so you know where to look. If you are a fan of those giant plastic storage tubs (which, unfortunately, you can’t see through), be sure to use different coloured containers based on the event, such as red for Christmas, orange for Halloween and green for St. Patrick’s Day.
4. Group items by occasion or season. It’s okay to combine Halloween and Thanksgiving or Christmas and New Year’s decor, for instance, but try to avoid combining several occasions into one container. If you have only a few decorations, just use a smaller container.
5. Purge as you pack. Did you use those pumpkin lights this year? If not, what are the chances you will use them next year? If you’ve received a new item, try finding an old item for it to replace and PURGE!
Get started and turn over another leaf!
We wish everyone a safe, happy and organized October!
P.S. Check out our Facebook page every Monday to see a new MARTHA MONDAY organizing video on this topic…and many more!