Lemon Zucchini Bread and other September Recipes
Who doesn’t like quick and easy recipes? I can’t wait to try a few of these.
LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD – Cathy Trochelman
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME – 1 hour
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
*Glaze can be doubled if desired.
- In a medium mixing dish combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate mixing dish combine sugar, zucchini, cooking oil, egg, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture; stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Once cool, combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over bread.