TO TOSS OR NOT TO TOSS?
One person’s trash is another person’s treasure, right? Here’s a quick list of things to toss from your home office TODAY! Some of them are a bit TOO obvious!
• Pens and markers that don’t work
• Bent paper clips
• Old newspapers and magazines
• Old equipment like phones, computer components and printers
• Old documents
Please remember to be kind to the environment and RECYCLE! Check out the WHERE TO RECYCLE resource page on our website to learn more about how to recycle markers, electronics and much more!
Do you wonder when is the right time to shred documents? Here’s a quick guide:
• Pay stubs for one year, until you receive your new T4 (or W2) receipt
• Credit card statements until the next one is received (remember to check for accuracy)
• Tax returns and receipts after seven years – Check with your accountant and/or Canada Revenue.
• Bank and investment statements for one year – Check with your accountant, financial planner and/or Canada Revenue.
• Medical bills and benefits statements for one year – unless required for income tax purposes – Check with your accountant and/or Canada Revenue.
• Newspapers and magazines ideally after you’ve read them
If you follow these simple rules to rid your home office of excess clutter, you’ll find that you have more energy to GET PRODUCTIVE!
Do you agree with our list? Comment on our BLOG or FACEBOOK PAGE, and share your opinion with our readers!