HEALTHY CHICKEN AND LEEK PIES
Comfort food doesn’t mean extra calories!
- 1 large sweet potato cut into chunky chips
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 225ml low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 85g light soft cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 sheets filo pastry
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a roasting tray toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tsp of the oil and some seasoning. Cook for 30-40 mins, until golden and crisp. Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium frying pan. Fry the chicken until browned, remove from the pan and set aside. Add the leek and a splash of water, and gently fry until soft, about 7 mins. Add the carrot and cook for 3 mins more. Pour in the stock and boil until reduced by half, then add the mustard and soft cheese, stirring well to combine. Return the chicken to the pan, add the tarragon and some seasoning.
3. Divide the mixture between 2 small ovenproof dishes. Take the filo sheets and scrunch them up. Top each pie with a sheet and brush with remaining 1 tsp oil. Cook the pies in the oven with the chips for 15 mins, until the pastry is golden.
For more recipes, check out our GET HEALTHY archives.