I can’t wait to try this recipe from Cafe Delites.
Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3 teaspoons Italian spices*
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for cooking)
*If you don’t have Italian spices, use Italian dried herbs. Or combine 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1 teaspoon dried parsley together.
- 4 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ of a red onion, finely chopped (or 3 cloves finely chopped garlic)
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
½ cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
Balsamic Glaze: (you can use store bought, or this recipe)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- Coat chicken with Italian spices, garlic and salt. Heat oil in a grill pan or skillet, and sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 6 minutes each side). Remove from pan; set aside and allow to rest.
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil in a bowl. Add salt. Top each chicken breast with the tomato mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with balsamic glaze (optional).
If making your own, prepare while chicken is cooking.
Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).
It’s never too late to make healthier choices!